The Space Kings Book
Space Kings is a playing card based tabletop role-playing game designed for over-the-top interstellar adventures.
Players take on the role of tough mercenaries, plucky pop stars, and funky aliens to fight evil space governments, soulless megacorporations, and the all-consuming void.
Space Kings focuses on improvisation and character building, with small numbers and big personalities. The primary goal of each session is to tell a cool story together.
The outcomes of actions are determined by flipping playing cards off the top of your deck. Faces and Aces represent success, while Jokers cause dramatic twists of fate. Everyone flips from their own deck, so everyone has the same chance for glory and/or ruination.
What’s in the Book?
- Rules and references for making any kind of character you want
- Guidelines and tips for Hosts to help you roll with the punches of a Space Kings session
- Lots of Ultimates: Special abilities lovingly crafted for player characters
- Cunning combatant NPCs, from space Raptors all the way to dreaded Endbosses
- Cool high tech items for every character specialization
- Two adventure starters, The Prison Train and The Big Squeak, to get your Space Kings campaign rolling
- Full color illustrations by Bryan Shepherd
- More than a little sidebar-related humor!
The book is hardcover, full color, and very neat.
Pencils, cool playing cards, and desk sold separately.
Digital book and character sheets available at SpaceKings.space
If you don't see you country listed as a shipping option, it's just because I haven't calculated shipping for it yet. Send an email to email@example.com with your address and I'll figure out how much it costs to ship to you!